Boeing launches the 787-10
JF Mezei
2013-06-18 19:52:30 UTC
It wasn't a question of IF but rather WHEN... and WHEN was today..

Boeing Launches the 787-10 Dreamliner
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2711

Seats 300-330 passengers, range 7000nm.
First fligt 2017, first delivery 2018

No mention of engines. Anyone know if it will be just uprated versions
of same 787-8 engines ? Or even just the exact same engines ?

As part of the launch, a number of the announced orders are actually
conversions from 787-9 to 787-10. But Boeing says it has 102 orders for
it already (not bad for a launch day).

In terms of 777 vs 787-10, any thoughts on whether the 787-10 will
cannabalise many 777 sales ? Or does the 777 offer additional capacity
that the 787-10 can't provide (I am thinking also in terms of cargo
since 777 is wider).

In related news, Korean ordered 5 747-8 pax planes. So I guess this year
the 747 is doing much better than the 380.
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
***@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.
Uwe Klein
2013-06-19 06:50:28 UTC
Post by JF Mezei
It wasn't a question of IF but rather WHEN... and WHEN was today..
Boeing Launches the 787-10 Dreamliner
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2711
Seats 300-330 passengers, range 7000nm.
First fligt 2017, first delivery 2018
No mention of engines. Anyone know if it will be just uprated versions
of same 787-8 engines ? Or even just the exact same engines ?
probably.
Trent-1000 TEN, GEnX -1?C?
Post by JF Mezei
As part of the launch, a number of the announced orders are actually
conversions from 787-9 to 787-10. But Boeing says it has 102 orders for
it already (not bad for a launch day).
will be interesting so see the evolution of net sales for the 787 family.
( apropos: see http://www.pdxlight.com/787.htm for a good accounting base )
Post by JF Mezei
In terms of 777 vs 787-10, any thoughts on whether the 787-10 will
cannibalise many 777 sales ? Or does the 777 offer additional capacity
that the 787-10 can't provide (I am thinking also in terms of cargo
since 777 is wider).
There is the A350-900 and A350-1000 sandwiched in between to effect that.
The -10 nibbles on A330-300 territory.
Post by JF Mezei
In related news, Korean ordered 5 747-8 pax planes. So I guess this year
the 747 is doing much better than the 380.
Doric Leasing bought (MOU) 20 A380.

uwe