Progress of the 787's certification
JF Mezei
2011-08-25 22:31:59 UTC
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1884

The 787 with Rolls Royce has completed testing needed for certification.

The 787 with GE still needs a few tests.

Still planning for first delivery in September.

Boeing published a video on the flight testing on youtube:

ANA/Boeing published interior images of the ANA aircraft:

They will have 2-4-2 seating in coach. Not 9 across. This is for their
long haul aircraft. The middle seats in the 4 seat sections have
individual armrests.

Question: it was my understanding that once the testing is all done,
they would quickly get certification and be able to deliver right away.
(wasn't that what happened with the 777 ?).

Would the delay between last test flight and first delivery be more of
an airline issue with the airline not ready to accept plane right away ?
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
***@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.
Miles Bader
2011-08-26 08:24:48 UTC
Post by JF Mezei
Would the delay between last test flight and first delivery be more of
an airline issue with the airline not ready to accept plane right away ?
Maybe they're just being realllllly careful, given all the unpleasant
surprises previously...

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!