Southwest starts service at LGA
JF Mezei
2009-06-29 00:22:22 UTC
Southwest announced is is starting service from New York's La Guardia
airport. Initially, flights to Chicago and Baltimore.

Is this the end of ISLIP service for WN ?

Will this hurt Jetblue whish is at JFK ? Or are transportation options
for JFK now sufficiently good to make JFK competitive with LGA ?

I don't quite recall. Is LGA limited in range or just aircraft
type/weight ? In other words, can Southwest start Service to LAX ?

(I lost track, is the wright amendment still in effect, or could WN
start LGA-Love Field non-stops ?)
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
***@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.
John Clear
2009-06-29 13:36:30 UTC
Post by JF Mezei
Southwest announced is is starting service from New York's La Guardia
airport. Initially, flights to Chicago and Baltimore.
Is this the end of ISLIP service for WN ?
There is probably enough demand from Long Island to keep it, but
time will tell.
Post by JF Mezei
I don't quite recall. Is LGA limited in range or just aircraft
type/weight ? In other words, can Southwest start Service to LAX ?
1500 miles is the limit.
Post by JF Mezei
(I lost track, is the wright amendment still in effect, or could WN
start LGA-Love Field non-stops ?)
It is still somewhat in effect. It is being phased out over time,
and going completely away in 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_Amendment

John
--