Emirates and A380
JF Mezei
2013-08-16 22:13:40 UTC
Airbus has an article about the 5th anniversary of entry into service of
the A380 with Emirates.
http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/time-flies-five-years-of-a380-service-with-emirates/
http://www.emirates.com/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/emirates_a380.aspx
In the early days of the A380 project, Emirates' huge orders weren't
really seen as very credible coming from a young airline with such huge
unproven ambitions.

But 5 years on, they have already received 35 A380s with total orders of
90. They are also the largest operator of the 777 if I remember
correctly. Doesn't look like this airline is going away soon.

Were there ever any airlines with 90 or more 747s in their fleet ?

If Emirates comtinues to grow and make use of those 90 planned 380s,
will this have a game changing impact on europe to asia/so-pac routes
with other airlines losing business to Emirates ?
--
misc.travel.air-industry is a moderated newsgroup. Please mail messages to
***@airinfo.aero, and see http://mtai.airinfo.aero for the FAQ and policies.
Roland Perry
2013-08-17 07:50:03 UTC
Post by JF Mezei
If Emirates comtinues to grow and make use of those 90 planned 380s,
will this have a game changing impact on europe to asia/so-pac routes
with other airlines losing business to Emirates ?
It's already my airline of choice if flying from the UK to Asia/Africa
and beyond.

Flew with them to Bahrain in 2006, because they had the best flight, and
stuck with them ever since. Only been on an A380 once though - Dubai to
London on the way back from Australia.
--
Roland Perry